United RC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
United RC

The premier RC forum for all RC enthusiasts alike.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What fuel do you use?

Go down 
+3
z400
Bigdaddy
ScruB.x3
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ScruB.x3
Admin
ScruB.x3

What fuel do you use? Empty
PostSubject: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 5:13 pm

I started off using Trinity, but have recently switched to Byron's 20% Race blend, and I have found that my truck performs a lot better and operates at a cooler temp then it did with Trinity, so I'll be using Byrons Smile unless I find something better...
Back to top Go down
https://unitedrc.forumotion.com
Bigdaddy
URC Initiate
URC Initiate
Bigdaddy

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 1:11 am

I use AT 16% nitro 5-5% castor - synthetic in the onroad and 20-25% nitro in offroad (Massive Mods Fuel)
Back to top Go down
z400
URC Apprentice
URC Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:17 am

Running Byrons 30%
love the stuff.
best fuel i've ran, seriously
and i've tried out alot of crap.. lol cheers
Back to top Go down
cheesecake
URC Initiate
URC Initiate

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 4:00 am

i started off running blu thunder 20% back in the day ran a quart and sold my losi gtx (old school) then this past year i got back into rc i ran odonnel 20 percent and blew up a motor then i went to trinity platinum 20% with great luck. then i dumped 700 dollars in engines and switched to byrons 30% i cant wait to try the gen2 byrons Very Happy
Back to top Go down
z400
URC Apprentice
URC Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 4:03 am

cheesecake wrote:
i started off running blu thunder 20% back in the day ran a quart and sold my losi gtx (old school) then this past year i got back into rc i ran odonnel 20 percent and blew up a motor then i went to trinity platinum 20% with great luck. then i dumped 700 dollars in engines and switched to byrons 30% i cant wait to try the gen2 byrons Very Happy

i heard the new stuff absolutely kicks butt cheers
Back to top Go down
cheesecake
URC Initiate
URC Initiate

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 4:09 am

i was pitting next to a guy 2 weekends ago and he was running it in his truggy and he said its insane on the power it made compared to the original
Back to top Go down
z400
URC Apprentice
URC Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 4:13 am

cheesecake wrote:
i was pitting next to a guy 2 weekends ago and he was running it in his truggy and he said its insane on the power it made compared to the original

thats good to hear
i'll run it if the hobby shop carries it, i wont be ordering any off the net thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
ScruB.x3
Admin
ScruB.x3

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 4:14 am

I'll be running it, that's for sure. I know my LHS will carry it too, just like they're carrying the gen 1 stuff now.

Superior Hobbies > All
Back to top Go down
z400
URC Apprentice
URC Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 4:17 am

ScruB.x3 wrote:
I'll be running it, that's for sure. I know my LHS will carry it too, just like they're carrying the gen 1 stuff now.

Superior Hobbies > All

hopefully mine will, dont see why they wouldnt.
they carry the gen 1 byrons, just not during the winter
as we dont race in the winter..
we do some carpet racing in th winter
Back to top Go down
DaveThePainter
URC Apprentice
URC Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:06 am

I use Bryrons 20% fuel Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
cheesecake
URC Initiate
URC Initiate

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 5:00 am

looks like im switching to werks fuel for 2008 SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET s0o werks 30% for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ScruB.x3
Admin
ScruB.x3

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 5:07 am

Byrons > Werks Laughing
Back to top Go down
cheesecake
URC Initiate
URC Initiate

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 5:09 am

do you have proof of that pig
Back to top Go down
ScruB.x3
Admin
ScruB.x3

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 5:10 am

Nope! Haha Razz
Back to top Go down
DaveThePainter
URC Apprentice
URC Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:46 pm

Like i said in my other post i use Bryrons 20% but wene i race i use Odonnell 30% Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
cheesecake
URC Initiate
URC Initiate

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 12:00 pm

xsxracing wrote:
Like i said in my other post i use Bryrons 20% but wene i race i use Odonnell 30% Very Happy .

run a engine on byrons for a while and run a engine on odonnels for a while then rip it apart dop not use after run on either of these engines 9 times out of ten the od engine will have rust and score marks. i would never run odonnels again. byrons or werks for me.
Back to top Go down
DaveThePainter
URC Apprentice
URC Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 8:28 pm

cheesecake wrote:
xsxracing wrote:

run a engine on byrons for a while and run a engine on odonnels for a while then rip it apart dop not use after run on either of these engines 9 times out of ten the od engine will have rust and score marks. i would never run odonnels again. byrons or werks for me.

On my nitro motors i have 1 fuel % and one brand and that is all i use.
Say i use 20% bryrons in my motor that is all i use i dont go and use odonnell 20% i just stick with that percent and brand name for that motor.
Back to top Go down
z400
URC Apprentice
URC Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 11:17 pm

yea im not to comfortable with changing fuel's during an engines life.
i just.. dont think its a good idea.

most say it wont hurt the engine.
but i still just dont do it.

anyways..
the new byrons fuel.. watermelon coloreD? sweettttt cheers
Back to top Go down
rltanner
URC Initiate
URC Initiate
rltanner

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 10:18 pm

I have been useing T Q fuel it is real good i switched from Byrons because my LHS stopped getting it so my buddy in Vegas to me on to T Q and you can have it shipped to your door for $105.00 a case i use 30% in my buggy and 20% in my 10th scale temps seam to be alot better with T Q then with byrons
Back to top Go down
DaveThePainter
URC Apprentice
URC Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 11:39 pm

rltanner wrote:
I have been useing T Q fuel it is real good i switched from Byrons because my LHS stopped getting it so my buddy in Vegas to me on to T Q and you can have it shipped to your door for $105.00 a case i use 30% in my buggy and 20% in my 10th scale temps seam to be alot better with T Q then with byrons
Nice never tryed TQ Suspect .
Back to top Go down
z400
URC Apprentice
URC Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 12:14 am

rltanner wrote:

ha yea for $105.
or you can order a case through your LHS for $25 cheaper

there is a $25 charge on shipping fuel, rather its a quart or a case
Back to top Go down
cheesecake
URC Initiate
URC Initiate

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 2:35 am

i was going to switch to tq but my deal on werks is still alot better then getting tq shipped to my door. tq and tilted are the same fuel just diffrent label and coloring. i ran a couple tanks of tilted and once tuned right it was good but it narrowed my tuning window alot. but its good fuel Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rltanner
URC Initiate
URC Initiate
rltanner

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 6:22 pm

I like the fuel its great and now i can get it for $90.00 a cas enow got hooked up with a guy that can get it for that price he's not out to make any money he just makes his money back
Back to top Go down
DaveThePainter
URC Apprentice
URC Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:42 pm

rltanner wrote:
I like the fuel its great and now i can get it for $90.00 a cas enow got hooked up with a guy that can get it for that price he's not out to make any money he just makes his money back

$90.00 a case that is a hell of a deal cheers .
Back to top Go down
cheesecake
URC Initiate
URC Initiate

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:20 am

yup i get werks for a better price then that. if i didnt i was going to run tq. also on rcsignup they have the 90 dollars a case offer for members. flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What fuel do you use?   What fuel do you use? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What fuel do you use?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
United RC :: General Forums :: Nitro Off-Road-
Jump to: